Pearls Mother

Lindy is the mother of two spoilt cats, Pearl Phyllis and Miss Puss. I knit, cross stitch, drink wine, read detective novels and pluck weeds from my garden.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Do you have........

an overwhelming urge to collect things?

I have to confess that I'm a Collector of all sorts of treasures,
knitting patterns/books/magazines
cross stitch patterns
fabulous knitting wool
edinburgh crystal (in the thistle pattern)
royal crown derby paperweights (the kitty cats)
thistle jewellery
disney classics collection figurines
cookery books
sherlock holmes books
christmas recipes
christmas ornaments,
just to name a few of my passions

but,

I'm becoming a new age woman!
I'm having a clean out.
Yes, the 6 or 7 years worth of food and house magazines,
are going, but first,
I need to go through them and tear out the things I want to keep.

So I'm flicking through magazines, tearing out recipes and recycling the remnants
Then, I'm going to scan the recipes I want to keep and they will be available at the press of a button.
This is greatly amusing my friends and neighbours,
who have all been warned,
that piles of magazine parts will appear in the recycle bins in the coming weeks!

In drought news,
We go to stage 4 water restrictions 9th December,
which means no watering the garden, unless it's with recycled water.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger pethair-xstitcher said…

    Treasures are like children I assume, there comes a time they have to leave the nest but it is always a painful process. thank goodness for computers, you get to keep that which is worthwhile and rid yourself of clutter (shutter to think I actually said that....lol)

    Still no rain? Guess it is time to save the bath water. (grin) Shall do a rain dance for you, we have had more than enough so I will send it your way.

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger fudgey said…

    the water thing sucks... i am so lucky we don't even pay for water in the burnie municipality, though devonport etc have to .
    As for collecting.. well you know the answer to that...
    bet you are having fun revisiting old memories looking through all your mags

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger mrspao said…

    Oh my, that's organised.

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Wow. That's extremely organized!! I usually lug the magazines into the office lunchroom before saving any of the things I want.

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Kyla Curtis said…

    Great readiing your blog

     

Post a Comment

<< Home