Pearls Mother

Lindy is the mother of two spoilt cats, Pearl Phyllis and Miss Puss. I knit, cross stitch, drink wine, read detective novels and pluck weeds from my garden.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

I love my garden





these pretties need water
and
Saturday is one of my watering days (along with Tuesday)
so
I set the alarm for 6.30 AM.

yes, I was outside watering by 6.45
ok, I was still in my dressing gown
I was clutching a cup or tea
I was assisted by two bleary eyed kitties.

if I fertilise and mulch today
I can water again tonight between 8 and 10 PM.

yes, I am committed to my garden
and to water conservation.
I suspect that we will soon be going to stage 4 water restrictions,
which means NO watering, unless using recycled water.

how many of my neighbours were also out watering?
just Bert next door, he was also clutching a cup of tea,
so I had someone to chat to!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Is there any chance that you'll get some rain??

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger pethair-xstitcher said…

    what lovely flowers, one of them reminds me of a japanese peony! Iknow that roses need lots of loving care so I do hope that some rain comes soon.
    Hope the kitties do not help too much (grin)
    hugs

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger fudgey said…

    I love your garden too... well the pretties that you show us ..
    Sonya i had the same thought about the rose that looked like a peony.. love peony roses, my mum has a few in her garden

     

Post a Comment

<< Home