Pearls Mother

Lindy is the mother of two spoilt cats, Pearl Phyllis and Miss Puss. I knit, cross stitch, drink wine, read detective novels and pluck weeds from my garden.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Rain, Rain, Please Stay

Rain is a precious commodity in Victoria,
We are experiencing a drought and Summer hasn't arrived yet.
But, it rained overnight and is still raining now,
Ok, it's not heavy rain, but, my garden is loving it!

Why am I sooo excited?
We commenced 'Stage 3' water restrictions yesterday,
which means,
I can't use my automatic watering system
but,
I can water with a hand held hose between the splendid hours of
6 and 8 AM or 8 and 10 PM on Wednesdays and Saturdays,
or I can use a watering can at any time.

It's times like this when I'm glad that I live in a townhouse
with small front and back yards.
And I'm learning the fine art of water recycling,
yes, I now have a bucket in the shower and I'm using the rinse water
from the washing machine.

In other news,
there has been knitting, but nothing really to show,
the cats are well
and
I've had a really ordinary few days!

Why is it that we let the peripheral people get to us,
or is it that we can't stop them?
Yes, my best friends brother-in-law is causing ructions
and a 30 year friendship is being greatly tested.
But as he is fond of telling me I'm not family,
so the depression demon is knocking and banging at my door
--- it had better not need any of my precious water!!

My next post will contain, photos, happiness, kitties and knitting.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger mrspao said…

    Hug

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger fudgey said…

    the rain slipped past us... :(


    {{{hugs}}}

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger pethair-xstitcher said…

    Sounds like you could use a few more hugs my dear one!
    so here ya go {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

     
  • At 1:55 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Stupid depression monster (SDM) - fight it off!!!

    I hope you get more rain this week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home