Pearls Mother

Lindy is the mother of two spoilt cats, Pearl Phyllis and Miss Puss. I knit, cross stitch, drink wine, read detective novels and pluck weeds from my garden.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Confessions about my stash

I went to my stash of baby wool this morning,
a friend is having her third, it's due in a couple of months
so
I thought i'd knit a couple of jackets with matching hats.

I found 6 balls of a "Robin DK" white with a lemon and green fleck,
perfect for what I wanted,
then i found the receipt for the original purchase of the yarn.

It was on sale for $1.50 Australian per ball in June 1988!

According to the receipt i bought 60 balls,
now 19 years later I'm down to the final 6 balls.

Yep, there are lots of treasures tucked away in my stash.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger mrspao said…

    Wow that's a lot of wool!

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Wow, you should almost save it for its 20 year anniversary!!

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger fudgey said…

    well that sounds like you got a real bargan way back when and welldone on using it all up !!!
    i can't make any such thrifty claims...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home