Pearls Mother

Lindy is the mother of two spoilt cats, Pearl Phyllis and Miss Puss. I knit, cross stitch, drink wine, read detective novels and pluck weeds from my garden.

Monday, January 15, 2007

The job!

I have survived the first week of training and yes, I'm enjoying it!
But, i'm tired, I'd forgotten how tiring it is to be in 'learning' mode.
I've discovered where all the free parking is and it's only a 3 block walk,
so, I'm even getting some exercise.

4 more weeks of training and i will be 'live' on the phone taking enquires
and reviewing peoples telephone accounts.

The people are interesting and when they said wear casual clothes,
they actually mean't 'Lindy, wear your gardening clothes!'
yep, it's really casual, so I've treated myself to a couple of new polo shirts.
I'm even getting knitting time during lunch and breaks.

We are having 'sooky kitty' syndrome with Miss Puss,
she has never known me to go to work, so there has been lots of
'miaow, miaow where have you been all day' when i get home.
She has been better after the weekend of 'you're still here mummy!'
Pearl Phyllis doesn't care, she just keeps sleeping.

Thank-you to everyone for your messages of support and good wishes on the job.
Yep, it's a big adventure and challenge.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger yarnivorous said…

    Goodness me, you have a job and it is going ok! Glad to hear it :-)
    One of our cats does the sooky thing too - we aren't home for 3 hours and you would think we'd been away for a month (except she'd probably forget us in that time...)

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It always amazes me how exhausting it is to take in a lot of new information. My daughter's kindergarten teacher warned me about it first, but of course it applies to adults just as well. (If not more so; we tire easily!)

    Good luck with the new job.

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Oh, I know how tiring it is to go back to work after a few weeks vacation, so I can only imagine going back after an extended break!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home