Pearls Mother

Lindy is the mother of two spoilt cats, Pearl Phyllis and Miss Puss. I knit, cross stitch, drink wine, read detective novels and pluck weeds from my garden.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A New Start and an Ending

I had to cast on and knit with this yarn,
this was after telling Debbie, the Skein Queen
that "I just want to stuff it down my bra and carry it with me everywhere, it's that soft and beautiful".
Debbie very kindly took this as a compliment and not a sign of my complete insanity



the skein became the cake



and then another rectangle!



actually, it's a 2 row chevron pattern and yes, it's going to be a scarf.

My nanna has passed away at the wonderful age of 91.
She was a strong independent woman.
She inspired my love of baking.
She encouraged my love of knitting.
She tried to teach me to crochet and eventually gave up after much laughter at my complete inability to master the most basic chain stitch.
She also grew the most beautiful lilliums.
She was my mother's mother and I'm comforted to know they are together and watching over me.

At times like this you are either blessed with a loving family or a group of toxic strangers!
I'm lucky to have wonderful friends who are 'the family of my heart'.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:52 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother - it sounds like she was a wonderful person.

     
  • At 5:27 AM, Blogger mrspao said…

    Hug. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother - she will always be with you.

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home