Pearls Mother

Lindy is the mother of two spoilt cats, Pearl Phyllis and Miss Puss. I knit, cross stitch, drink wine, read detective novels and pluck weeds from my garden.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Where are the metal needles??

There has been an audit of the knitting needles, all metal ones have been put into their respective pairs or sets, tied with tartan ribbon (the world is a happier place when tartan ribbon is used), labelled with their size details and delivered to the RSPCA (the lost and unloved kitties or puppies will benefit) opportunity shop (or thrift store as they are known in the US).

The sales lady smiled knowingly and said "sore hands' when I took them in!!
Clearly, no-one should knit with metal kneedles.
So from now on it's plastic or wood for me!

I've just spent a happy half hour in my garden with a bucket of warm water on aphid patrol.
Yes, it's that time of year when the roses have lovely buds covered in bl#*#*dy aphids.
So, I patiently do the squash and remove with hot water.
I don't use spays as I like the birds in the garden.

Gardening is still basic as we are still in the grip of a drought, yes, I'm still showering with the 3 buckets which then get used to water the garden!
The roses are thriving on the tough love.
usually at this timeof year I'd be planting punnets of violas for summer colour, instead, I'm leaving the thrift and dianthus that have have survived and infact flourished.

I've received my 'Tea Swap 4' pal ------ Hi Coutney.
So, I've done a little 'on-line shopping' with a local yarn dyer,
Oops, I may a have also ordered some treats for myself.

Here is my questionaire for the Coffee Swap

1. Whole bean or ground? either
2. Fully-loaded or decaf? either
3. Regular or flavored? either
4. How do you drink your coffee? latte, cappuccino, mocha, short black.
5. Favorite coffee ever? not sure, will think about this.
6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? i haven't met a bean that I haven't enjoyed.
7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? chocolate, biscotti, jelly beans.
8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? only that I get to enjoy one regularly.
9. Yarn/fiber you love? any natural fibre
10. Yarn/fiber you hate? not hate, but, I don't enjoy synthetics
11. What's on your needles? lace knitting, some more lace and baby hats.
12. Favorite colors? purple, blue, grren, pinks
13. Allergies? none
14. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? Nope, but, thanks for asking!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Goodbye, metal needles! I have to say, I don't like metal dpns (or any dpns, really), but I do love knitting with certain brands of metal circulars...

     
  • At 1:22 AM, Blogger Skein Queen said…

    I really neeeeeed to try out some bamboo needles as I've only ever used metal. Liking the names of your cats - mine are plain old Paddy and Jock but kids have started calling them Patricia and Jocasta for a laugh. Poor lads!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home