Pearls Mother

Lindy is the mother of two spoilt cats, Pearl Phyllis and Miss Puss. I knit, cross stitch, drink wine, read detective novels and pluck weeds from my garden.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Cough, knit, cough, have a nap.

The hacking, barking winter cough has arived.
It's pal the sore throat and raspy voice have been with me since the weekend.

I've been reclining in my nice warm bed,
With never ending cups of honey and lemon tea
and the knitting from my bedside table.

What, you don't have bedside knitting??
I have a lovely large cake of Marta's hand dyed 2 ply merino
that is becoming a long, rectangular and toasty warm wrap.
It's a 2 row pattern repeat so I can just keep knitting until I'm almost out of yarn.

How my cats respond to my barking cough.
Pearl Phyllis just snuggles in beside me and sleeps, snores and twitches.
She only stirs when i go to the kitchen, just in case I put something in the food bowls.

Miss Puss thinks coughing is a secret form of communication.
She comes bounding up from her spot on the foot of the bed to miaow at me.
So it's time to open the back door and let her play in the garden, but, it's raining
Yes, you guessed correctly, half an hour later I have a damp cat miaowing to be towel dried!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:31 AM, Blogger mrspao said…

    MMmm merino..... Poor you though- it is horrible to be ill. Hope you feel better soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home